Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FOUR GENERATIONS AND INDIAN FRIENDS

I feel like a blog-slacker!!  I feared that this would happen when I returned to civilian life.  This has been a busy month but we have so much fun with our family.    Last week we went to Logan and met a good friend Sunitha from India who is attending Utah State.  We also got to see 2 of our favorite returned Elders who served in our Branch in Bangalore.  It was so fun to reminisce about people, places and experiences there. 
 

Allan "hit the slopes" with Jason, Chris and the grandsons.  He actually did very well and did not really "hit the slopes" but nevertheless felt the effects for some days .    We had great fun just hanging out with the grandkids and Karli , Brittany and Jason's families.




  

  

  

Mom has been staying with us for 3 weeks.  I am so happy to spend some time with her and she is doing amazingly well although I do see some changes (and rightly so) from before our mission .    The great-grandkids have all been so kind to her and she has loved being with them.  So we took advantage of the opportunity to do some 
four generation photos.
 
 


Mom and I have spent several days visiting my Dad's brothers and sisters who live quite near.  It has been interesting  telling them about our Mission experiences and seeing their reactions.    Jerilyn came up one night and we had a fun time catching up.  So now we are busy making plans for a couple of fun vacation get-aways in the next two months to warmer climates.

2 comments:

Bob and Becky said...

Your mom looks great. Be sure and give her a hug from Bob and I. Glad to see you were able to take pictures....they will be invaluable as years come and go. You mentioned warmer climates...does that mean you'll be visiting us here in Leon? Have a great time.

Grammy said...

Oh, Diane. Your mom looks fantastic. I bet it was so good to see her and spend some time with her. I miss my mom.