Sunday, June 20, 2010

Visit with Mom

Last week Brittany, Nalu and I went to Mom's for a few days.  We had such a fun time .  Mom is always so glad to have company (even if it is just boring me) and she (WE) talked non-stop.  One day Brittany and I attempted to prune her shrubs and with the electric hedge trimmer it was a pretty easy project.  Must say, it turned out quite nice.   We had Aunt Donna and Uncle Marlin over for dinner one night and compared mission tales.  Once again, I think I lost !  It is quite interesting when you get "wound up" with missionary adventures!
Mom was quite entertained by smiling Nalu and could hardly let him go when it was time to leave.


My mom is an amazing woman.  Does she look 90 years old?  Does she act 90?  She keeps her life so full with productive and learning opportunities and is so versed in the gospel as well as local happenings.  She never misses a birthday of her children or 28 grandchildren and even knows the names and ages of all her 45 great-grandchildren.    I love and admire Mom for the constant example she is to our family.



3 comments:

Bob and Becky said...

What a special visit for you girls.
Your Mom looks so great!

britt said...

We did have a wonderful time! And I am still proud of the pruning job :)

Grammy said...

Wow! Your mom looks fantastic and it sounds like her life is so full of joy. I bet she was so delighted to have you and Britt visit. How I would love to hug my mom. Enjoy her.