Saturday, June 12, 2010

Girls Camp - I SURVIVED !!

This week was our ward girls camp at our Stake camp in Ogden canyon near Eden.  I must admit it was a "luxury" camp with a nice big lodge to sleep in, modern and clean bathrooms/showers and a great kitchen.  So NO complaints here or from any of the girls--other than sleep deprivation for the leaders !
I must brag about the marvelous 32 young women who we were blessed with for the week.  Not once did I see or hear unkind words or attitudes, but rather so many acts of kindness and sensitivity to those who were new or feeling alone.  Their "divine natures" were so evident toward each other and that was truly the success of the camp.


Thanks to our marvelous camp director and YW leaders everything was so fun and organized.  The theme was MISSION POSSIBLE. 
(a take off from Mission Impossible with groups of CSI, FBI, SWAT, and CFA)  Some of the highlights were service quilts made for several individuals and organizations, a value walk, a super beautiful hike, swim-day at Pineview Resevior ,  and lots of great games, songs and crafts.  And the food was delish !







We had 10 YCLs who were so amazing and planned and carried out really wonderful activities.  They will soon be fabulous YW leaders.
We loved their fun and creative spirits.



Bishop Ross once again entertained everyone with his dancing.  Does everyone love this man or what?


As with every YW camp , small and sweet miracles occurred in building faith and testimony within these beautiful daughters of God.   The value walk and testimony meeting were filled with the spirit and I was particularly impressed with their bearing of "pure testimony" with little emphasis on "best friends" as so often occurs at camp.  I must admit I was somewhat hesitant about being the "granny" at camp but what a joyous and loving experience it was for me to see deep into the hearts of these sweet girls and feel of their wonderful spirits.

4 comments:

julie said...

Girls camp is amazing! I love being involved with the YW in my ward. They are all have such beautiful testimonies of the gospel despite their individual struggles. I have learned so much from from them and can't wait until our camp in July.

britt said...

Sounds like it was a very fun and LUXURIOUS week. No roughing it for you guys! glad you had fun mom :) And those girls are soo lucky to have you as their leader and amazing example!!

Chris Grover said...

ohhh, my heart smiled looking at all those beautiful girls that i still love! i'm pretty jealous -- i never got to have this experience with these girls, but i'm soooo happy they have you to enjoy it with. you are such a wonderful leader to them! so fun!

Grammy said...

Still going to girl's camp, huh? I love girl's camp! My job has prevented me from going the last 4 years. We did have a marvelous girl's camp at Lake Powell that I got to help with. It was Becca's first year. This year she was a YCL and had a blast planning and working for camp. She says it is the best week of her life every year!