Friday, April 30, 2010

HAPPENINGS

Yesterday my family provided the ROYAL TREATMENT for my birthday.  It began with an early morning knock at our door to find the Hanamaikai clan with a bucket of Einstein Bagels and some very original B'day cards.  Needless to say I was VERY surprised and overjoyed.  The bagels were yummy, the company entertaining and their kindness and good wishes were truly special and filled my heart as well as my tummy.



Then near lunchtime I returned home to find Karli, Kaiya and Taylor with beautiful flowers, birthday hugs and an invitation to lunch. (Allan was a pro at keeping all these secret plans)  We went to our favorite neighborhood Mexican  restaurant and had a fun afternoon eating and chatting and smooching those cute girls.



And that evening Allan had arranged a really fun family dinner at the restaurant of my choice.  It was a wonderful end to a day made special by all the dear family.  I felt truly spoiled and sincerely grateful for such a loving and kind family whom I love so much.

  


2 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

Happy Bday a day late to you Diane! You are one of my favorite people and played a really big role model part in my childhood. Love you lots!

Grammy said...

Happy Birthday to you, Diane! So glad you had such a great day, filled with your family and lots of love.